The following article is an introduction to various Raj yogas in Vedic Astrology. We’ll cover all kinds of Rajyogas first and then we’ll see the implementation of Rajyogas in different horoscopes.
- The native becomes a widely renowned king if at birth he has three or more planets in their signs of exaltation or in their own signs posited in a Kendra. Even one born in an ordinary family becomes a ruler of the earth possessing bands of elephants and horses if five or more planets be posited in a Kendra in their signs of exaltation or in their own sign.
- A person born in a royal family becomes a king if he is not born under any Duryoga nor any planets at the time of his birth are eclipsed by the Sun’s rays. A person born in a royal family becomes a king if in his nativity three or more planets posited in a Kendra in their signs of exaltation or in their own signs but if such a yoga exists in the nativity of a person born in an ordinary family, he becomes influended and prosperous like a king. He can also become a king.
- Even a single planet, even if he be in debilitation, is capable of making a person equal to a king, if not being posited in Dusthana (6th. 8th or 12th) or combust and be possessed of brilliant rays and be in retrograde motion. If three or more planets be so disposed, the native becomes a king. If there are many planets posited in auspicious houses and Navamsas. the native will become a king endowed with the signs of royalty such as a crown, umbrella and waving chowries.
- The native belonging to royal family becomes victorious everywhere if at his birth two or more planets are endowed with Digbala.
Notes — The Sun and Mars have full Dlgbala in the Bhava madhya of the 10th house. The Moon and Venus have full Digbala in the Bhava Madhya of the 4th house. Mercury and Jupiter have full Digbala in the Bhava madhya of the first house. Saturn has full Dlgbala in the Bhava madhya of the first house. Saturn has lull Digbala in the Bhava madhya of the 7th house
Should there be five such planets (excepting Saturn) or at least 4 planets possessing Digbala, even the person born in an ordinary family, becomes a king
- When the Lagna and the Moon both be In Vargottama Navamsas and when the Lagna be aspected by four planets other than the Moon, the person belonging even to a low family becomes a king.
- Should at birth the lord of the Langa being Vargottama be posited in a Kendra or Trikona and the lord being Vargottama be posited in a Kendra or the 9th in his own sign or his sign of exaltation, the native will become a king who will occupy a beautiful golden vehicle on the back of an elephant, with chowries adorning the two sides.
- When at birth the Moon is brilliant with white luster and is aspected by planet disposed in his own sign or his sign of exaltation, even the person whose legitimacy is questionable will become a king.
When the full Moon is placed in Kendra other than the Lagna the native will become a king owning elephants and horses.
- When at birth Venus being placed in Aswini Nakshatra occupies the Lagna and is aspected by three planets, the person concerned becomes a powerful king capable of overcoming his enemies.
When the lord of Lagna is powerful and occupies the 2nd house with Venus in a sign which is not his sign of depression nor an enemy’s sign, the person concerned will become a king.
- Should Mars be in Aries or Sagittarius identical with the lagna and be aspected by a friendly planet, the person concerned becomes a king.
Should the lord of the 9th be in the 10th and vice versa, the person born becomes a king who is extolled by all (This is a very powerful Raja Yoga).
- Should the Sun in conjunction with the Moon be posited in the middle of Sagittarius, Saturn be occupying the Lagna and a very powerful Mars be in his sign of exaltation, the native will become an extremely valourous king who will be offered solutations out of fear by his enemies from a distance.
Notes – It will be relevant to quote here Varahamihir who in his great work Brihat Jataka has specified that Saturn is capable of conferring royalty if were to rise with the ascendant identical with Libra, Sagittarius, Capricorn, Aquarius or Pisces.